Gourmet Hot Chocolate
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 250g (8oz) good quality dark chocolate
+ 1 square for decoration
- 1 liter (4 cups) whole milk
- 5cl (4 tbsp) Rième® Vanilla syrup*
- 20 cl (3/4 cup) whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar or sugar flakes (decoration)
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- Break the chocolate into squares in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk, and melt slowly over low heat.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly, then the Rième® Vanilla syrup. Once everything is melted, heat 5 minutes on very low heat.
Whip the cream, adding the powdered sugar at the end.
- Pour the hot chocolate into 6 cups, add a dollop of whipped cream, and decorate with sugar flakes and chocolate shavings. Enjoy immediately.
*Want to experiment? Replace the Rième® Vanilla with Rième® Hazelnut, and decorate with toasted hazelnut bits.